MI-17 Overhaul Group
This group was raised in 1984 and since then has accumulated a vast experience o f overhaul and major structural repair of MI-8 helicopters. Since 2 006 the setup was upgraded for MI-17 helicopter. With passage of time comprehensive facility has been established.
In order to meet international standards of aviation maintenance, this group is equipped with latest test equipment and infrastructure to overhaul MI-17/171 helicopters. In the recognition of these highest standards, MIL DESIGN BUREAU Moscow Russia has approved MI-17 Overhaul as Internationally certified MI-17/171 MRO facility.
This facility is equipped with the latest test and diagnostic equipment for the overhaul of all components of MI-17 helicopter except Engines, Auxiliary Power Unit and Main Gear Box. Systems which can be overhauled at this Group are as under:-
- Structure Overhaul, Major Repair and Modification
- Main Rotor Head Overhaul
- Intermediate and Tail Gear Boxes Overhaul
- Tail Drive Shaft Overhaul
- Main and Tail Rotor Blade Repair
- Hydraulic System Component Overhaul
- Fuel and Pneumatic system component Overhaul
- Landing Gears
- Aluminum tubing bending flaring and end fitting installation
- Electrical System, Wiring Testing and Repair
- Standard Avionics of Kazan and Ullan Ude Helicopter Plants
- Complete Upholstery of Helicopter
This group has performed many modifications on Mi-17/171 in recent years. Modification work includes design of product, prototype of component, proof of concept, manufacturing/ fabrication and finally implementation on helicopter. List of major modifications is as under:-
- Designing, manufacturing and installation of gun mount on MI-17/171 helicopters.
- Night Vision conversion of all cockpit instruments, cargo compartment, and external lights of helicopter.